Julia D. Kyte
Ms. Kyte has experience handling all facets of civil litigation in both State and Federal court.
Currently, Ms. Kyte represents physicians and health care providers in: licensing matters involving the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (“DOPL”); medical malpractice cases involving the Court system; and privileging matters involving various Hospitals. In addition, she represents licensees in matters before the Department of Commerce, as well as corporate entities and police officers in Section 1983 civil rights lawsuits filed in Federal court.
Before joining Stirba, P.C., Ms. Kyte represented a broad range of entities through insurance defense at a law firm in Seattle, Washington. She has appeared on behalf of clients in complex cases arising out of medical malpractice, personal injury, professional liability, and construction defect matters. Ms. Kyte has successfully defended health care facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, retail stores, escrow agents, solid waste collection entities, and professionals, including lawyers and judges. Ms. Kyte is licensed to practice in both the State of Utah and Washington.
While attending law school at Gonzaga University, Ms. Kyte took second place at the Gillespie Trial Advocacy Competition and obtained the CALI Award for Excellence in Litigation and Dispute Resolution. During her attendance at North Park University, she received the President’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence as well as an All-American Academic Nomination, and was a Co-Captain and an All-Conference CCIW basketball player.
- Vice Chairman, Health Law Section, Utah State Bar – 2015
Speaking and Presentations
- How To Assist Physicians in Navigating A Hospital Privileging and DOPL Licensing Hearing – From All Sides of the Fence, Utah State Bar – 2015
- What ALJs Do That Drives Practitioners Nuts, 2nd Annual ALJ, Government & Admin. Law Conference, Utah State Bar – 2015
- Prescribing And Regulatory Compliance: How To Help Keep Physicians Out of Legal Trouble, Association for Utah Community Health: Annual Primary Care Conference, Salt Lake City – 2014
- Prescribing And Regulatory Compliance: How To Help Physicians Stay Out of Legal Trouble, Utah State Bar – 2014
National and Local Recognition
- Rated by her fellow attorneys as “AV Preeminent,” the highest rating given, on Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed as a Mountain States Super Lawyers/Rising Star for 2014 and 2015
Ms. Kyte is a co-owner of a CrossFit box in West Jordan. She enjoys spending time with her family.